2.02.2009

Dim Dim - Whip




I hadn't heard of Dim Dim (aka Jerry Dimmer) until recently when the brightly colored cover of his album "Whip" got my attention. Dim Dim is a music producer living in Belgium, creating playful electronic music which kind of reminds me of Toy on Smalltown Supersound. He also appears to be an artist himself, making creating abstract paintings.




What I like most, though, is the packaging designed by Belgian artist/designer Oreli. Her clean-edged but detailed cat character fits well with the album's playful mood, I think. Her typography on the tracklisting is impressive, too. The rest of her portfolio is even more exciting. Below is a promo for the album created by Mumbleboy, Turisukoshiro, and Dim Dim himself. It's interesting.




Oreli
Dim Dim
Mumbleboy

No comments:

Post a Comment