1.20.2010

Madlib - Madlib Medicine Show #1: Before The Verdict



I'm having trouble keeping up with Stones Throw. It seems as if every product they release is designed specifically to make me reach for my wallet. The first in Madlib's monthly album series, Medicine Show #1, is no exception. To start things off he's brought along Detroit MC Guilty Simpson, a precursor to their OJ Simpson release coming later in April.



The vinyl edition of the album is being released in a hand-printed sleeve designed by Jeff Jank and produced by the Hit + Run Crew. I'm enjoying this trend of hand-made album covers and hope it continues. Tonight in L.A. there will be a release party with live screen printing. I wish I could be there. I'll have to settle for the video produced by ABCNT (top). But if you're in L.A....



Download: ♪ Guilty Simpson - "Before The Verdict"

Madlib
Guilty Simpson
Hit + Run Crew
ABCNT

RELATED
Beat Konducta Vol. 1, 2, 5, 6
Donuts
Stones Throws Posters, Prints, Artwork
Yesterdays Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment