8.03.2009

Wax Poetics - The Brazil Issue



Wax Poetics recently released what could become my favorite issue of their magazine so far, dedicated to the music of Brazil. Highlighting the issue is an interview by photographers Brian Cross (B+) and Eric Coleman with one of my favorite Brazilian artists, Airto Moreira. Moreira has played with the likes of Weather Report, Quarteto Novo, George Benson, Miles Davis, Chick Corea, his wife Flora Purim (who you may have noticed in this blog's header) and many others. The article includes great photos, two of which are by Cross, along with the image below shot by Chuck Stewart, who I've written about previously. The issue also includes articles on MPB-legend Gilberto Gil, composter Arthur Verocai (with great photos from the recording session for his self-titled release) and Brazilian soul artist Tim Maia. I have a lot of reading ahead of me.



Wax Poetics
Brian Cross
Eric Coleman
Airto Moreira

No comments:

Post a Comment