4.21.2009

Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple



It's been about a year since Cee-Lo and Dangermouse's second album was released and I still hear it everywhere. Commercials, stores, etc. I haven't had a chance to hear The Odd Couple but I did pick up their first, which I thought was decent. I remember once on their MySpace page someone commented "That one guy kind of looks like Cee-Lo!"... Anyway, that's besides the point. I like the cover art. If you check out their website, they've put together a pretty cool Flash-based design using the original artwork.



The artwork is by Icelandic illustrator/designer Siggi Eggertsson, now based in Berlin. His portfolio's impressive, with a very distinctive, colorful, graphic style. I think one piece that attracted me most was album packaging designed for British rock band The Delays, with art direction by Big Active. The cover is above. The rest of the packaging is worth checking out.

Siggi Eggertsson
Big Active
Gnarls Barkley
The Delays

1 comment: