1.03.2008

Squarepusher - Ultravisitor



I once had an aversion to album covers featuring artists' faces. Although I think that typically went for bland pop albums, ala Jessica Simpson. Fortunately, Squarepusher isn't Jessica Simpson and this cover is an exception.

Maybe what attracted me most was the serifed type and close-up photograph that I feel isn't common among IDM albums. The teal background really works for me too. I think this is the most well done packaging out of his discography. The album itself is also one of my favorites.

The portrait was taken by Eva Vermandel, a photographer from Belgium living in London. She has a nice collection of portraits in her portfolio, including other artists like Cat Power and Portishead.

The design work was handled by Manuel Sepulveda, who also has an impressive resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment