9.30.2007

Talib Kweli - Eardrum


Talib KweliStay Around

This album caught me by surprise. Talib's last few albums didn't do much for me. So I came at this album expecting more of the same. Train of Thought gets a high spot in my mind. Forunately, Kweli came with something interesting. An important part of a hip-hop album is having good production, and he doesn't slip in this aspect. Madlib, Will.I.Am, Kanye, Just Blaze, Pete Rock, etc. It's a good album and is in some ways a nice continuation of what he did with Madlib on Liberation. I like it more than Finding Forever, if that means anything.

As for the cover, the photo was taken by Nabil, represented by Blur Photo. He also photographed Common for Finding Forever. His portfolio has a nice collection of music artists. Worth flipping through.

Nabil
Talib Kweli



2 comments:

  1. Admittedly, I've been scared off by the list of guests on Eardrum (not really the guests themselves, but the amount. But of course, I've heard enough endorsements of this album to give it a go.
    His set at "Rock The Bells" in Minneapolis was outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I think the guests are part of what makes it worth listening to. Adds some variety. Maybe not the Justin Timberlake track, but...
    Yeah, it's a good album.

    ReplyDelete